01 Feb The old enamel factory in Kea island
The factory of Enamel and Metallurgy operated from 1927 to 1957 and was built at the entrance of Korissia village. This factory played a major role in economic and social terms employig 250 workers and 50 technicians.
It used to be the only factory of enameled household utensils on Greece for a period. Although the factory is currently abandoned, its building is occasionally used to host exhibitions and performances, especially in summer.
The factory is closed to the public but can be visited during special events or exhibitions.